1/ Right-click (or control-click) on the Inbox and select: “Export Mailbox”
- NOTE: make sure the “Export All Sub-Folders” check box is clicked on the “Choose Destination Folder” dialog box if you have more than one email account in your Inbox. Mac Mail will normally auto-select it, but its good to take note of it. If you only have one email account you can ignore this.
2/ Select a location to export the Inbox, so it’s easy to find when we import it again. If you have sent the export to your desktop, you’ll see it as an MBOX file. It will look something like this:
3/ To import your newly exported Inbox, go to File / Import Mailboxes…
- Choose “Apple Mail” from the selection screen and then click “Continue”
- Navigate to where you saved the exported Inbox (If you saved it to your Desktop it will be there) and select it, then click the “Choose” button.
- When you import your newly exported Inbox, it will appear in the Mac Mail sidebar under the “On My Mac” section within a new folder called “Import”
- All you’re your previous emails will now be available in that imported Inbox.